By recognizing the rapid progress of science and technology in modern world DEST of ACAIED Nepal will suggest various policies to the government.
Department of Industry, Trade and Tourism (DITT) has been established under ACAIED Nepal to provide inputs through various kinds of policy debates, advocacy and research activities and thereby making congenial environment for industry, trade and tourism sector development in accordance with policy execution for contributing national economy. This department is responsible for conducting necessary policy debates, advocacy and research inputs for national economic development through the innovative and sound policies for sustainable growth of industry, trade and tourism sector that lead to improve livelihood for all Nepalese. DITT acts as catalyst for intensified public private sector activity in order to accelerate and sustain economic growth through comprehensive growth strategy, progressive and socially responsible trade liberalization and deregulation programs.
The role and scope of DITT includes but not limited to the following areas:
- Prepare plan for the development of Industry and Tourism inside the country.
- Maintain positive and trust-based relations and networking with stakeholders and generate development programs.
- Carry out intensive research projects to enhance trade, industry and tourism..
- Enhance the organization’s public image and reputation.
- Review and evaluate organizational performance regularly on the basis of a specific job description.
- Coordinate between government authorities and business owners to enhance industrial outcomes.